Monday, April 18, 2011

End of the semester!

Can you believe 13 weeks has passed just like that?

Looking back at my first blog post for ES2007, I came into the class hoping to be able to communicate effectively. Specifically it was presentation skills that I wanted to improve on. After going through 2 presentations and countless dry runs, I can confidently say I improved in my presentation skills and have become more aware of both my strengths and weaknesses in this area. Should future opportunities require myself to present, I will remember to internalise what has been taught in class and continue to improve on my own.

Other skills such as writing cover letters have been really useful to prepare myself for the working society once I graduate in less than a month. The guidelines for professional writing (such as the 7 Cs) will definitely be applicable even after completing the proposal and the module.

In general I really learnt many things in the module, and even if the workload was really heavy, the group projects gave us an opportunity to make friends! This is one big reason that makes attending class more enjoyable and tolerable as compared to other NUS classes. Friends, its been a pleasure knowing you guys and with the exams coming, All the BEST to everyone!! :D

Of course the module will not be made possible without its slave driver Brad! Thank you for all the encouragements you gave us throughout the course! You really made my last semester in NUS very different and special :D

9 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe!

    Indeed, I cannot imaging a better way to end NUS life than our last lesson. I wish I could retake this module to end mine.

    It is great knowing you!

    All the best!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe!

    You played a part in making this module such a wonderful one for me by being a great peer teaching group mate! Thanks a lot! I feel really glad to know so many new friends in my last semester in NUS too!

    All the best for working life after graduation! Let's work hard together! :D

    Hwee Teng

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Zoe!

    Seeing your progress from the hesitant first presentation to the confident one you gave at the end really speaks volumes about the hard work you put in and the improvement you've striven for. Its been awesome getting to know you, and I wish you luck for all your future endeavors!

    Cheers,
    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe!!

    So thankful to have you as a classmate for this module! It's very reassuring for me to see a familiar face in class at the beginning of the semester (hahaha, you know how awkward I am with strangers), but I guess at the end of the semester all our classmates became familiar faces already.

    All the best in finals! and must keep in touch after you graduate kays? lol, drop by NUS to have lunch with meeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great working with you and Chuan Ting in our research group. Glad to know that you find this module a fulfilling learning experience like me. Likewise, learning professional communication does not only end in ES2007S: it will only get tougher after we graduate haha. Anyway, I believe you will do very well nevertheless.

    All the best in your future endeavours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ms. Zoe, Even your final blog post has a wonderful smile on it---with such a pleasant tone and positive hue. It is also clear, concise and well focused on your course take aways. I'm impressed too about something that I didn't know earlier. You took the course to improve your presentation skills. (Aiyoh!) And you most certainly did, showing a confidence in your last OP that had eluded you earlier.

    I really want to thank you for your hard work, the upbeat nature of your interactions and all the positive vibes throughout the course. There is nothing better for a teacher than coming into a classroom and seeing a student who is invariably cheerful and enthusiastic, even as she is being forced to do hard labor!

    My very best wishes as you go out into the working world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Zoe (*blink blink)

    I had fun working with you for our research project, be it wow-ing at every Google application and teasing Mr Anal. I am glad that we managed to produce a decent proposal as well as presentation. Thank you for the hard work and all the best for your future! I have to end with a *blink blink! :D

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Zoe girl,

    Thanks for being such a fun-loving classmate willing to grow and improve her communication skills throughout the semester. As I have mentioned already, you are the best female presenters out of all the girls in class, apart from your fumbling and nervousness, which is your fear or lack of confidence. Seriously!!! It's my honest opinion!


    You have nothing to worry about with your presentation now, because you have what it takes, you just have to believe in yourself. I see a great presentation future ahead of you. I even think you will teach people presentation one day. How about that Zoe?

    You have also made lots of friends Zoe, and I'm glad for you, and I suppose I'm one of them. Haha! Hopefully, I've been a friend to you like none other ever in your NUS life! And hopefully, I have made your last semester in NUS more special and more different than Brad could!

    Apart from these, you learnt 7Cs, and that is praiseworthy as well, you will be able to write good business letters for your boss, good proposals for your company, and good love letters for your future lover!! How terrific is that Zoe?!

    With that, let's start you on life's journey and hopefully our paths cross one day again!


    Un abrazito y hasta pronto,
    Que tu con las tranquilidades para eventos de dificil y triste, y que te encuentre a el amor de principe tambien!

    ReplyDelete